Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Letting Photos Speak

Sorry I missed posting for Happy Homemaker Monday yesterday, but I had a good reason which will be revealed in a post soon! I will be back with HHM next Monday though.

Today I wanted to share one of my favorite scrapbook layouts I've done, and the funny thing is that it's probably one of the most simple!! We had a professional photographer come when my daughter was around 2 (my son was around 8) and take some family photos of us on our bay.  She also took several photos of just the kiddos together and individually.  It was my daughter's first experience with a photographer and my Annie was feeling less than cooperative about the whole thing. The photographer definitely had a way with children and stole Annie away for a while by herself and just talked to her and played in the yard with her for a bit and got Annie to be her charming self. Well she captured the most beautiful photos of her that just showed her little soul coming through, and I loved them so much that I did a very simple scrapbook layout with them and let the photos do all the talking.

She was such a little cherub, wasn't she? She's still my angel.

 
 

To let these photos really "speak" I just kept the overall layout simple. I picked a few of my favorite photos. I didn't over crowd with pictures or do any journaling in this case.  I used a really pretty set of papers that went together along with the title die cut.

 

Then added some sweet sticker sayings that just fit the pages right, and that was it! I just let the amazing photos shine through.  If you have some very special pictures that you want to highlight in your scrapbooking...I recommend doing the layout in a simple way like this and let "less is more" be your motto. I think you'll be happy with your results.

 
 
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Lovely! You made exactly the right decision to keep the pages simple to let the photos shine! (And beautiful photos they are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful pictures and layouts. I especially like the one with the brown background, it really seems to suit the photos to me and that is the most darling picture too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this paper set because I thought the same thing Amy - it really compliments the photos and helps them stand out. ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Carrie - and I love the simple layout too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison! Not hard with the subject matter is so sweet. ;)

      Delete
  4. I agree - beautiful photo's that speak for themselves. Your daughter was such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mari! Yep, sometimes best to not mess too much with perfection. Lol

      Delete