Sunday, January 18, 2015

Easy Peach Pie

I wanted to share this very simple, but very yummy peach pie! I love peachy flavors and this one doesn't disappoint. I think I found and clipped this recipe out of our local newspaper long ago. We have a section where folks can submit their recipes to share with others. I think I got this one so long ago it was before folks were swapping recipes so easily on this thing called the internet. Lol  

I love it as it really has the flavor of peach cobbler but with that yummy crispy flaky pie crust texture.


I will share the recipe at the end of this post, but here's the basic instructions. Place sliced peaches in unbaked pie shell. You can use fresh peaches or canned. I like sprinkling a little extra cinnamon (flavor) & flour (thickener) on top of the peaches before I pour on the filling.




Then pour filling over peaches. Top with 2nd crust and cut slits in top to vent. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cover edges with foil or use a pie crust shield for 1st 10-15 mins of baking.



Bake pie first for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees for another 25 minutes.  Let pie cool before slicing.  And don't forget the ice cream on the side! Don't worry I didn't - I just forgot to take a photo of the pie with it! Then dig in and enjoy.

Here's the recipe:
EASY PEACH PIE
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
Approx. 4 fresh peaches, sliced or a 15oz. can of sliced peaches, drained
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. cinnamon and sugar mixture
Place sliced peaches in bottom of unbaked pie crust.  If I’m using canned peaches I often use harvest spiced peaches (has cinnamon in the juices). If it’s only regular sliced peaches I add a little cinnamon on top.  I also sprinkle a little extra flour right on top of the peaches so the pie thickens well (this is optional). Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the peaches.  Top with 2nd pie crust and cut vents. Brush top of crust with milk.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake at 400* for about 10-15 minutes.  Turn oven down to 350* and bake for another 25 mins.  Cool before cutting.



8 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm sounds amazing! Sadly I am on a big weight loss thing so no peach pie for me :(
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Jill! That's one reason I'm okay with baking. I'm still cooking for my in-laws so I just bring them a whole bunch! Lol

      Delete
  2. Do you know, I don't think that I have ever had peach pie!! Looks and sounds delicious though!! I think that I have been missing out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're missing out Amy! Lol Actually, in the summer fresh peach pie is really the best!

      Delete
  3. It sounds really good! My recipe is similar, but without the eggs, which probably changes the texture. I'll have to try it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be curious how much it would change the texture? I bet both ways are equally delish!

      Delete
  4. I've never tried peach pie either, but I might have to now!! Have a good week, Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it Alison! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week as well. xoxo

      Delete