Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Hello and hope you had a wonderful weekend! It feels like it flew by and here we are back to Monday already.  I'm ready to hit the ground running, though, so let's get this week started!

 

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Still cold - below zero with wind chill. Bbrrrr! I think I need a trip somewhere warm!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A little yogurt and a slice of banana butterscotch chip bread I made this weekend. Yum!!  Also, some "highlander grog" keurig coffee and creamer. 

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Sunny and bright and snow glistens in it - but it's cold! It's supposed to warm up though and by Wednesday be in the 20's and Thursday in the 30's! That will feel like a heat wave!!  It will be so nice to go out on the hill with Ruby (our dog) and play or go for a walk if it will get that warm. The bay looks so frosty and cold - all hard and frozen tundra.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Looking at the paper and finishing a list for some errands today.  I'm also making my plan for some posts in the future when we will be at a hockey tourney. I don't know how much computer time I will get then, so want to still have my posts scheduled for then. I think I understand what to do - so we'll see what the future brings at that time.  Hockey trip is in the future a ways so I'll make sure I have it figured out by then.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Looking pretty tidy.  A few dishes to load and I'll throw in more laundry, but in good shape otherwise. I'll have my mom-in-law today and I like to have the house already cleaned up so I can give her my attention.

 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

The usual Monday groceries and run around. I like to save anything like this until Mondays if I'm able. When I spend the day with my Mom-in-law she likes to keep busy and seems to enjoy running around and doing errands. It's hard as she doesn't have the ability to focus much anymore. I've tried doing crafts with her or watch a movie, but the focus isn't there. So keeping busy, running around, going for a walk, playing with our dog Ruby....those are all things she loves to do.

 
CURRENTLY READING:

 I have started the inn boonsboro trilogy by Nora Roberts based on a suggestion by a fellow blogger friend and enjoying them very much!

 
ON THE TV TODAY:

There were so many good shows taped from last night and I didn't get to watch them all. I taped Galavant (new series) and haven't watched them yet. Anyone watching it and have any feed back? Need to watch the Good Wife - it's getting SO good! Already watched Downton...Mary is a naughty girl and I thought it was so cute how they all were about the "wireless" (radio). Love that show so much! 

 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I'm not sure what I want to make this week, other than I have some kind of soup in the plan. Maybe chicken wild rice? Maybe hamburger soup? The BBQ ribs got me in the mood for more summer flavors this week so I might make chicken salad sandwiches (with grapes, apple, celery and chopped walnuts in it - mmmm) to go with the soup or to be it's own meal with something.  Maybe meatloaf one night as my dad-in-law likes that a lot.  I just feel very indecisive and not very ambitious...not a good combo with groceries and cooking for one's in-laws. Lol

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I'm working on yet another fun side project that I can't wait to show you all! You'll just have to stay tuned as I don't want to give anything away until I show it to you, but it's making me SO happy!!

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

If I do decide to make hamburger soup this week that will be a new recipe for me. It was on pioneer woman on food network this weekend and it looks so yummy and comforting. If I make it in the future will let you know how it was and share recipe.

 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM CAMERA:

I'll have to give you my snow cocoa recipe one of these days!
Remind me!
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Let be and be still and know that I am God. (in Psalm 46)

I am linking for Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 



13 comments:

  1. Some days I really miss living in the Northwoods, but it doesn't sound like today would be one of those days :D Spring and Fall were always my favorites! It's so nice that you take such good care of your MIL. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Tamy. I agree that I don't think you'd miss this cold! I love our Falls too - they are the prettiest around & we get that sunny crisp weather. Nothing better.
      Thx for stopping by & hope you have a great week! XO

      Delete
    2. I used to be in a small town in the U.P. and Fall was just spectacular!

      Delete
    3. Ah - so you were a Yooper! Lol We were practically neighbors! ;)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post although it made me quite hungry! Your breakfast sounds delicious and now I'm dreaming of chicken salad sandwiches and meatloaf. Are you a traditional or digital scrapbooking? My Craft Club is meeting tomorrow so I am looking forward to finishing up an album I started before the holidays. I'm off to check out the Nora Roberts trilogy you mentioned. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Pamela! Wish i could give you some banana bread & nice cup of tea. ;)
      I have done some of both kinds of scrapbooking, but I love traditional the best. I just love paper crafting in general. I do love digital scrapbooks for gifts for others or some special projects. I'm hoping to go to a scrap retreat day at the end of the month. Best of luck with your Club & I hope you get lots done! Do you do traditional or digital btw?
      Stay tuned. I'm planning this weekend to show a project I'm working on & I'm SO excited about it.
      Have a great week!! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a very busy week with you! Doing the scheduled posts is easy once you get your head around it so I hope that it works for you. I am sure that it will. I wish that the Good Wife was back on here already, we always have to wait - I hope it comes soon as it sounds as though the new season is exciting! Hope that you enjoy the hockey! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - tis the season for lots of hockey around here! Lol

      I think I've got the scheduled posts down so here's hoping. I'm excited to be using more of these tools and feeling like a real blogger!! ;)
      Oh I'm so sorry you have to wait on the Good Wife, but it will be worth the wait I promise! It's just like how I always have to wait on Downton Abbey (finally back) and Call the Midwife (few months yet). Just love those shows too.

      Thanks for stopping by and have a great day Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for putting my blog on your sidebar, I'm delighted!! Hamburger soup sounds interesting! Let us know if you do try it. Stay warm and have a good week, lovely lady! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I definitely will Alison! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your banana butterscotch chip bread sounds delicious!! So glad you are enjoying the Nora Roberts trilogy!! Hoping to join in on this link up one of these Mondays...just not a big fan of Mondays, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand Carrie! Mondays are just UGH sometimes. Lol Thx again for book suggestion & hope you will link on HHM in future! ;)

      Delete