Friday, January 16, 2015

Digital Scrapbook Gift

Although my primary joy is traditional scrapbooking, I do like to do digital scrapbooking now and then.  I especially like it as an option when I want to make a gift of memories for a friend or relative.  I have mentioned in the past how much I like www.shutterfly.com for developing my photos, canvas prints, photo calendars, photo gifts etc. I also like using them to do digital scrapbooking. They make it easy to pick a size and style of book you'd like (lots of variety) and then you plug in your photos and journaling.

I recently completed this album for a relative in Poland who had come to the States for our family reunion.  This is the cover on the 8&1/2 by 11 sized book and it was about 18 pages in content (the number of pages needed for the amount of photos I wanted to use).  There's even a way to auto fill your pages with your pictures and then you can just add, delete, and place them how you'd like from there.  Shutterfly also offers lovely leather bound albums for a higher price.




This gives you an idea of how some of the pages can look. You can decide how many photos you want on each page, how you want them arranged and then they show you journal boxes you can fill with your text (or leave blank).



You can even have one of your photos fill the whole page. There are embellishment options as well that fit the style you pick (in this case I added the "x" decoration along the bottom).

You can get as creative as you'd like really. And what's nice is that shutterfly will warn you if the quality of any of your photos is not up to being in the book (like if you took a photo off your phone and it would look sub par in the book).

the back cover of the book


Of course I couldn't resist showing you the little card I made for her to send with the book.

**I am in no way associated with Shutterfly. I just wanted to show another alternative for those of you may be intimidated by traditional scrapbooking. Digital scrapbooking is a nice way to create a book in a pretty fast and easy way...yet no less creative!





6 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I've used Shutterfly, Mixbook, and Picasa, and liked them all. I look for Groupon deals and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari! I mainly stick with shutterfly for same reason. I use them for so many things they're always sending me great deals.

      Delete
  2. It's fab :) You must have a clone though and one of you does the making and one foes the blogging (maybe a third for housework etc?), I can't fit it all in!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Love this Jill. Can you imagine how nice a clone might be?!? The blog & scrapping are just where I put any free fun time I get in a day, when I probably should be doing something else!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful way to use your photos and such an incredibly kind gift as well! You are so lovely and it really shows through in all that you create! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much sweet Gal. I could easily say the same about you!!

      Delete