Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday



Well it was a fun weekend of fighting bugs - yuck!! I'm ready to start a new week and hopefully have it end a nice healthy one. My poor little Annie was the latest victim, but my hubby is putting up the good fight and seems to be the only one out of us four to make it out unscathed! That lucky Guy. Let's get this week going in the right direction and DIE BUGS DIE!!! Lol


 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Continuing the mild trend.  Today it's mid 20's and it was snowing such pretty big flakes earlier- like Christmas Eve pretty - but now tapering to a light snow.

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 of an English muffin with blackberry jam and southern pecan coffee with hazelnut creamer.

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Grey - but soft and white and pretty. The squirrels and chippies (chipmunks) have been especially frisky this AM. I've been watching them run back and forth on our deck, through our yard in the snow, running around on the tree branches. I wish I had some energy like that right now! Or maybe they got into a stash of nuts they had hidden away that were a little too "fermented".  They're putting on a show that's for sure.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Taking a little break.  I was already getting busy around here this AM, trying to continue cleaning and disinfecting to get rid of all of our flu germs. Needed to take a break as I still don't have full energy back.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

I see my daughter resting.  She's home from school today as she was still spiking fevers last night. She seems to feel better and I'm hoping she'll be up for school tomorrow.  But I don't mind one bit getting to mother her up an extra day. I don't have my mom-in-law today due to our illness. My wonderful Mumsy (my Mom) is spending time with her today.  I'm also looking at several other areas I want to scrub down and clean out the germs!

 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

More laundry. Lysol more. Scrub down more surfaces with antibacterial wipes. Change the sheets again and wash all the throw blankets again.  Open the windows and air out the house some more (did it a little this weekend when it was even warmer). If I feel up to it later - will do some cooking as I have some meat in the fridge that I either need to use or put in the freezer.

 
CURRENTLY READING:

 With this down time I have been reading more and I'm nearly done with the Inn Boonsboro trilogy.  They're a lot of fun to read and I did look up the history on the real Inn in Maryland that Nora Roberts owns and the book store they talk about in the books is owned by her hubby. It was fun to look up an inside peek at all the different rooms in the Inn (based on famous romantic couples) and see them for myself. She has a page on pinterest with all the different rooms. Thanks again for the suggestion Carrie - from Anniehow! Loving it.

 
ON THE TV TODAY:

I watched the SAG awards last night (I'm a sucker for the awards shows - I love to look at what they're wearing as much as anything else) - plus I just love movies, t.v., acting in general.  So, I didn't get a chance to watch Downton Abbey and need to catch up on that. I also started taping the new masterpiece Grantchester. I haven't watched it yet but it looks really good! I've had my fill of game shows this past weekend. With my daughter especially down and out we took over the upstairs tv room and the boys stayed away downstairs to watch sports. Lol  And my daughter is obsessed with game shows lately, mainly family feud, the chase (trivia game show), and the idiot test (tests your ability to solve riddles quickly).

 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

We have eaten a lot of chicken soup around here lately! I definitely don't have soup on the menu for a while.  Lol  With the meat I have in the fridge I think I may make up some lasagna roll-ups and put them in containers in the freezer for down the line. Then with other part of meat I think I'll make meatloaf as I haven't in a while and it's my hubby and dad-in-law's favorite (& I haven't cooked for them in a while due to flu). Loaded baked potatoes to go with it and salad/veggie will make them happy campers!

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Still working on my personalized cookbook and catching up on my own scrapbooks. I'm very bummed as I was supposed to go to a scrapbook workshop one day this past weekend with my Mom. But due to my lingering flu and my daughter just starting hers I had to cancel.  We were going to spend all day working on the heritage album for my mom's side of the family. Sigh. We'll find another weekend down the line that works.

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new for this week I can think of - just easy stand-by's.

 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM CAMERA:

 
 
 
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking up for Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

12 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling 100% soon. Very appropriate inspiration considering your last week. Hope things are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! Getting there & keeping that positive outlook helps of course. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm watching Grantchester as well and although I didn't watch the awards show, I read all about the fashions in a couple of e-magazines I turn to for news from the entertainment world. Hope you get rid of all those germs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Gal! Grantchester looks really good - so I'm looking forward to catching up on it soon. Hope you're enjoying it. Have a wonderful week ahead. XO

      Delete
  3. I hope you're back to full strength soon! What a shame about having to cancel your scrapbook workshop - it's annoying when illness messes o your plans. Keep having little rests, don't overdo it, lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Alison. I promise I'm taking it easy & being a good girl. I was so bummed about scrapbooking, but I know there will be days ahead. It will be fun to share the progress with you all. Take care & God bless. Xo

      Delete
  4. I hope your daughter is feeling much better and the germs are out of your house. It's nice to let some fresh air in, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's bouncing back pretty well now. It's this old Lady that's coming along slower than I'd like! Lol

      It's nice the weather has been mild to leave the windows open for a bit & really air everything out. Hopefully all those germs are goners now.

      Be well & have a great week! ;)

      Delete
  5. Fun post! I haven't even heard of Grantchester,but I enjoy the masterpiece theater. I guess I need to check it out.

    Hope you are all doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and hope you're staying well too! Need to get out of this season of bugs...Spring can not come soon enough!
      xo

      Delete
  6. I hope that you have a good - and healthy - week and that Annie is much better by now and back at school and day to day life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everyone is feeling better. So glad you enjoyed the books, I just loved them all. That is my dream to restore an old home to it's original grandeur. I did the same thing when I read the books...researched the places and looked at the rooms online. I showed them to my daughter (19), she wants to restore an old home too. We both agreed that it would be a perfect place for a mother/daughter getaway!! I'll plan that trip after I answer the door to Publisher's Clearing House, LOL. Hope to get back to HHM next Monday. Feel better!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete