Saturday, January 24, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday: Scrapbooking School Days

Even though I'm still battling this flu bug I couldn't pass up linking up for Scraptastic Saturday at Scrapility and showing a latest completed scrapbook page that I just love!

I have school years albums that I'm scrapbooking for both of my kiddos. I'm still a little behind in each one (that's what happens when I have multiple projects going at once - but that's how I roll) but I'm slowly getting caught up. These albums are so much fun to work on and look back at each of their different school years.  I think these albums will be a treasure for each of my kids to hold on to and share with their own kids some day. So for each school year I'll include a first day of school kind of photo, their school picture for that year (& class photo) and any special activities that occurred that year, end of year school party/carnival, and their sports activities.  Here's a recent page I completed in my daughter's album:

I wanted to especially highlight this photo because I just loved it. So I used a cute chalkboard border paper on the side and put ribbon around part of the photo itself. Some flowers for dimension (since it's my daughter's album for this one) and to highlight the teal color in the title sticker. Then added some fun school stickers and that's one cute first day of school page!

Here's a few other pages from her school years album to give you more of an idea of what I'm including in it:

Title page

 
 

An earlier page done in the album that I also just love with the vintage looking paper and map back drop.

 
 

One of her sports pages

 
 
 

My kiddos have both enjoyed looking through their albums and what I've completed so far.  My son maybe less so now that he's a teenager, but I think one day he'll be grateful that Mom kept a nice book of these school memories for him. And my daughter still loves to go through it with me and give me input on what she wants in there as well as to go down memory lane: "Hey Mom remember that teacher?"  "Look at this class picture Mom, remember she was my best friend that year?"   These school days scrapbooks are an absolute labor of love. 

 


12 comments:

  1. Your kids are so blessed to have a mom that is doing this. I think these books will be treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari! I sure hope one day they think so! Lol

      Delete
  2. Very nice pages from the scrapbooks. I'm sure your children (and future grandchildren) will really appreciate them when they are older. My Grandma sent us some old slides from when my papa was a boy, and they were fun for our whole family to look through.

    Hope you feel better soon. Having the flu is no fun! So far we've avoided it this winter, but we have had cold after cold...it's nice to finally feel well again! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old slides too Bethany! My Dad did a lot of our family trips & other family pics on slides that we would get out & watch sometimes.
      I hope my kiddos will appreciate my efforts in the future. I love doing these books anyway so win-win I guess. Lol

      Stay well now & God bless. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your pages and love how you describe it as a 'labour of love' (that's what it is, exactly, isn't it?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are so lovely, and you have a great eye for pulling the details together in the embellishments and remembering to add a journaling note too! I am sure that both of your children will love looking back at these in the future. Hope you feel better again very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Amy! Hope I get to look through these with my grand kids someday.

      Slowly on the mend. God bless Hon. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. My mom is a big scrapbooker (is that a word? lol). My sister and I, not so much. I did my twins first year though, but with 4 kids, it got a little hectic, lol. My mom made a scrapbook for each of my siblings and I when we turned 30, with 30 years of our lives. She saved everything for us, mine has a picture of me smiling big with my braces, and then she has the bill from the orthodontist on the same page. Has receipts from my prom dress, and a piece of my baby blanket. So fun to look at, and was such a special gift for all of us. I always enjoy looking at your scrapbook pages!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapbooker = total word in my vocab Carrie! Lol
      Maybe when life calms down you can get back to more scrap booking for your kiddos, but I think any efforts are wonderful!! And sometimes digital can be a very nice efficient way to go. Especially with several kiddos as you can put the effort into one that includes them all & then order several copies. You could still save nice boxes with the other memorabilia you hold on to for them to go with it.

      The books your Mom made sound so precious. And she sounds like a lady after my own heart. Lol
      Have a good one Hon. Xoxo

      Delete
  6. My girls are so proud of their albums and they enjoy showing them off to anyone that comes over for a visit. Thanks for sharing your layouts with us. They're wonderful and I'm sure they're proud of them too. Thanks for linking up to Scraptastic Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love that your girls enjoy them so much & show them off for visitors. Adorable! Makes all that work feel extra rewarding. Xo

      Delete