Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fun Birthday Scrapbook Page

I continue to work on catching up on some scrapbooking (the usual). I guess for you that are crafty with knitting, crochet, quilting (I envy you all by the way!) it compares to working on a blanket you haven't finished and going back and reacquainting yourself with where you left off and working to get it done.


I have several albums I keep working on, but one thing I enjoy is going back and looking at some of my previous work as it often sparks ideas for new pages.  When I was looking back at one of my family albums the other day I came across this birthday layout I had done for my son's 6th birthday (he's a teenager now - eek!), and I really liked certain things about it.


On this first page I love how I cut my son out of a photo on the bottom and put him right on the grass and it looks like he's going to putt the ball into the hole. (We had gone mini golfing for that birthday).






And in the 2nd page of the layout I loved the use of all of the #6 stickers out of all of my different alphabet packs at the time. You can't miss which birthday it was, right? Lol   Look at my sweet young boy at the bottom, and the top photo is my little Annie (she was about 3 months old at the time). And my really short hair! 



I remember that birthday being so fun for Aaron as we took a bunch of his buddies with, and all of the grandparents and aunts and uncles came too, and we had a grown up contest & young kids contest for best score. We gave away medals and prizes after the golf game. He really loved it all.


I also thought it'd be fun to share this photo I took of the bay the other day. Some of the ice had melted last week and when it re-froze it became this beautiful blue color:

can't wait until that grass is green & that bay is open




And while I'm sharing random things I also thought I'd share this little video of Ruby I took the other day. She loves bubbles and is obsessed with trying to "eat" them all when I blow them. She's a weird doggie - what can I say? Lol  Enjoy!!

video






10 comments:

  1. Cute doggie, she is lovely :) Your scrapbook pages for your son's birthday are great. I wish I'd done mine as we went along. I want to start now and may well be still playing catchup when they have kids if their own!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jill - Ruby is my other baby. I swear she thinks she's part human. Lol

      It's never too late to start scrapping dear Gal! Before my mom-in-law got too bad with her Alzheimers she did scrapbooking with me and put together an album each for her sons (my hubby and his brother) and did all through their years. Truly a special treasure they hold dear - especially now. Granted, she did have tons of photos the way we do nowadays and just used what she had.

      That being said, i think the key would be to just take star photos and moments and not think you're going to scrapbook everything...but just the really special things. Or maybe you just do birthday albums from each year of their birthdays. The most important part is to journal and share your memories and theirs along with the photos and fun stickers an bits. ;)

      Delete
  2. I like your layouts! It really is fun looking back too.
    That ice is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I love the color too - and in the 8 years we've lived here I've never seen it look like that. I agree that it's really pretty.

      Delete
  3. I think it's great that you are so dedicated about scrap booking! What a treasure for your family to be able to look back and see all their memories so beautifully stored! I love the cut out of your son playing mini-golf!
    What a beautiful shot of the bay - do share another once it's all melted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. It's definitely my creative outlet (along with blogging now). ;0) It's my therapy and joy and the bonus is that I create keepsakes as I go.

      I'll be sharing lots of shots of the bay this spring & summer. Love being outside enjoying it and will love sharing it with you. xo

      Delete
  4. Great scrapbook page - it looks like Aaron had a super birthday that year! Mini golf is such fun :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! It really was a fun one. We came back after the golf and had a little "ceremony" and handed out medals and awards to the winners. It was quite cute.

      The time goes so fast. Sigh. At least my scrapbooks help me remember it like it was yesterday. ;)

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've ever had a bad time playing mini golf. Except maybe if I lose. Which is rare ;).

    You're creating such beautiful memories, and showcasing them in your amazingly creative albums. If they don't already, someday your children will appreciate all your hard work.

    (It's a good thing I read what I just typed. My IPad changed appreciate to anorexia! What the????)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Now that would have caused me a second look! Lol Anorexia would have been an interesting choice in that sentence. ;)

      I've loved putting together scrapbooks for the kiddos (& me!). I hope to be all caught up one of these decades. And I sure hope they appreciate it. I know my daughter will. With my son it's more "iffy" - but maybe his wife one day will (& hopefully his kiddos).

      Happy week to you Doll. xo

      Delete