Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday






Happy Monday to All! I feel like I'm behind already but ready to begin a new week. My hubby & I had a getaway to Las Vegas for part of last week and the weekend. That's why such a busy week last week getting ready to go. We didn't get back until about 9:00PM last night so I feel like I'm still catching up, but it was a lot of fun. We usually go out there once a year with my bro & sis-in-law and some work colleagues/friends of ours. We won our money too early and ended up donating it back, but it was great fun and so nice to just be grown-ups and not mom & dad for a weekend. Now back to real life...






 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

I can't believe it's March but Oh it's so lovely today!! It's a little chilly this AM but supposed to get well up in the 20's today (almost 30!) and actually starting to feel the warmth of the sun. When I went to pick up my mom-in-law this AM the birds were singing away just like it was a lovely Spring day. Love it!!! Keep it up Mother Nature - come on early Spring!!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

My mom-in-law and I had our usual coffee and it was some toast and banana for her and an onion bagel for me. I've been trying to get away from carbs so much in the AM, but I needed it to jump into this week!

 

AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

The sun is shining SO beautifully and I was giggling earlier watching a little chipmunk chase a squirrel up a tree. The little chippies are quite aggressive around here and they're always chasing the bigger squirrels - even though you think it'd be the other way around. Lol

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching some morning news and visiting with my mom-in-law and getting my grocery list worked out for the week.

 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Some piles of laundry built up from the trip to tackle. Other than that, everything still pretty tidy as my wonderful Mom was here holding the fort with the kiddos and Ruby while we were gone. I don't know what I'd do without that woman! 

 
 
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Busy day ahead. My mom-in-law and I have several errands to run and need to get some groceries. After I get her home at the end of the day I need to zip over to school for a PTA meeting. 

 
CURRENTLY READING:

I've kind of been back to reading Outlander (I really want to finish it before the season on tv begins in April), but we'll see how long that lasts. I always end up jumping around.

 
 

ON THE TV TODAY:

I was able to catch up on Good Wife that was taped last night (yay it's back!!). I know I still have Downton Abbey taped to watch. I can't believe it's over now!! I can't wait another year for more!!! ((sad face and pout)) I can't wait to watch the finale later tonight and see where they leave things.  I'm not sure what else was taped while we were gone - will need to check later.

 
 
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Still finalizing and pouring over some recipes. I think I'll make meatloaf (as that's a fave of my hubby and dad-in-law) and was thinking maybe breakfast one night- like a French toast bake with sausage & bacon and fruit. But still deciding.

 

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

Journal give-away will be this week!! Yay!! Nothing else new this week yet, but again - just getting back to real life. If you haven't entered yet to win the journal and other goodies give-away you can enter here. 

 

NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Don't think I have anything new planned, but stay tuned. I'll be posting a new recipe at some point this week that will be new to my blog (even if not new to me). Lol

FROM THE CAMERA:

Blogger isn't cooperating today and won't let me display a photo. Oh well, next time. I was trying to share a picture or video of Pentatonix - an acapella group we saw in Vegas. Will try to share later this week.




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Awaken to Spring


And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.


—Percy Bysshe Shelley






Have a great week ahead! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for HHM





13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! How exciting to get away and actually be an adult for a little while :-)
    Hurrah for spring, it's definitely on the way! have a great week lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so relaxing and fun. I think it's good and healthy to get some away time as a couple. Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well and cheers to Spring and the week ahead! xo

      Delete
  2. I am glad that you had such a great time away!! How wonderful for you. It sounds as though you have a good week ahead too. I am enjoying The Good Wife, we are only a few weeks in on this series, but it is good so far! Happy Monday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to really relax. I'm so excited you're watching Good Wife too! If you haven't watched seasons past it's so worth catching up. It's SO good!! xo

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a nice time away! The sun shone here today too, but tomorrow we are supposed to have snow and freezing rain. :(
    I am planning to watch Downton tonight - love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowing here today too Mari. Felt like Spring yesterday, but not so much today. Ugh! Old Man Winter never knows when he's worn out his welcome!!

      Did you get to watch Downton?? It was so good and I cried and blubbered (good & sad tears). Especially the Mr. Carson and Mrs.Hughes part - squeal!!

      I hate to wait another whole year!! xo

      Delete
  4. Isn't it funny how warm 30 degrees feels after a bitter cold winter!? All the men in my life love meatloaf too! Breakfast for dinner sounds fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like flower rising right up to the sun on those first days when it actually feels warm!!

      Hope you have a lovely week pretty Lady. xo

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a nice trip. I'm laughing at how our comparisons of the weather are so different. You are talking like it's warm and I'm here, with similar temps, freezing my patooty off.

    You got to see Pentatonix? I'm so jealous! I love them. Have a great week! xx

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a nice trip. I'm laughing at how our comparisons of the weather are so different. You are talking like it's warm and I'm here, with similar temps, freezing my patooty off.

    You got to see Pentatonix? I'm so jealous! I love them. Have a great week! xx

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess as they say Liz - it's all relative. Lol! I hope you're keeping warm though. It's supposed to dip a bit here then get warm again by the weekend - fingers crossed!

      If you ever get a chance to see Pentatonix I definitely recommend it - they're as good live as you'd think. Very talented. Happy week to you!! xo

      Delete
  7. Hope you're having a great week! I'm playing catch up as I was away on Monday. I'm going to watch good wife tonight - I missed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're having a great week too Tamy! I can't believe it's almost the weekend already. This one especially flew by for me. Supposed to be upper 30's (maybe it will hit 40 - woo hoo) this weekend. Here's hoping!!

      I'll pop by soon - need to see what amazing recipes you've got brewing. :0)

      xoxo

      Delete