Saturday, March 14, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday:Spring Picture Decoration

scraptasticbutton


Spring is in the air! It's in our weather, in our melting of any snow that is left, and it's in a song in my heart!! It makes me SO happy that Spring showed up early this year in the northwoods (& after last winter we earned it)! 


So to link with Scraptastic Saturday today I have made a decoration that sings a song of Spring!!

Isn't she sweet? Singing away over her nest.



I used an old frame I had among my goodies. I always seem to have a lot of these empty and lying around waiting for me to use them for something. I then used some cardstock for the back drop - which is the branch looking design. I adhered that to the back of the cardboard part of the frame. I then took a pretty soft green colored paper to be the background for our the sweet dimensional mommy robin stickers with nest and eggs. I then printed the "sing a song of spring" off of what I typed on my computer and cut it out with my victorian style scissors.  I also drew a few musical notes next to my song bird. Lastly, I glued a little lace below the title for another textural element. 




She seems to be getting along with my "faith bird" (I think I got this at hobby lobby?)



I liked it on the mantle next to my other sweet birdie, so I think I'll keep it there for now. 



Happy weekend to you and I hope you're singing a song of Spring!


8 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute Yes - I'm singing a song of Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mari! Keep singing it - it's truly coming early I think (knock on wood). Lol ;)

      Delete
  2. How pretty! And it looks perfect next to your adorable faith bird! So appropriate after this week's warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! This past week was a true gift (weather-wise) and I tried to soak up every second I could. ;)

      Delete
  3. I think I remember seeing that faith bird somewhere. Like you said, I think it was a Hobby Lobby. When we lived in NY, we didn't have a HL, and I didn't know what I was missing!lol

    I love your little creation Carrie! It's so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Doreen - from one creative soul to another - I appreciate that! :)

      I love Hobby Lobby and Michael's and JoAnn's - all of them. Truly a kid in a candy store in those places!!

      Delete
  4. What a cute birdie, I love the nest!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling Gal! I think that's my favorite part too!! ;)

      Delete