Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Turn Back Time Tuesday

Well I thought today it would be fun to share some photos I was digging through and found from last summer. I just can't wait to show you my beautiful northwoods and bay in the summer. So let's turn back time to beautiful summer days of the past....so we know what we have to look forward to in the months ahead.



This is a planter that I plant some fun flowers in each summer by our front door (I had the pretty watering can on it the other day in those pics). Last summer I had a crawling kind of vine and some geraniums and impatiens in it.


This is on the back deck by the fire pit. We have lilies that surround the deck the whole way around it that are so pretty. I loved my "cathedral window" looking planter (you can see it in the background on a table) and I had "martha washington geraniums" in it.




 A nice shot of the bay & stairs going down to our dock from the deck.

 


A bunch of orange day lilies that run all down the sides of the bay side of our yard.




And finally I just wanted to share the reason I've been dreaming on Spring and Summer so much this year. This is especially for you out East folks. This Winter has been pretty mild for us, but last winter was a different story.  Last year we didn't even have Spring. We basically had snow and then all of a sudden it was summer. When I have complained about the trauma of last Winter and how horrible it was here are some photos as proof:


This is a side by side shot of my kitchen window from winter(I think it was February or March) a year ago (winter 2013-2014) and my window today.



Annie and Ruby enjoying the snow hills on our deck. We had a GREAT sledding hill for the kiddos that winter!!


Sending you lovely warm, flower-filled Spring & Summer thoughts. xo








12 comments:

  1. Those orange day lilies look like a perfect border - so bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing a little bit of Spring!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to share Spring with you my Dear here's hoping it'll look like this soon. ;)

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely garden! I really like all of your daylilies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Can't wait til it looks like this again. ;)

      Delete
  3. Last year really was traumatic! So glad this year was bearable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Mari! And I pray we don't have one like that again anytime soon!!

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the summer photos! You keep your place looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Love dreaming on Summer. I'm wistful for the warmth & the flowers. ;)

      Delete
  5. Speaking of the Bay…my Arnie wants to know if the beautiful center view on your header is your Bay view?
    Because I LOVE Summer so much, I moved down here…However, we don't have the traditional Autumn. So, either a person has to drive 2 hours northwest OR you can have apples and pumpkins, but no changing leaves at our VB Farmer's Market.
    Margot~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Margot. That photo in my header of the sunset on our bay was taken while I sat on my deck.

      Our summers can be lovely - but I bet you do miss our Autumns here. They are THE BEST.

      Xo

      Delete
  6. What pretty garden shots, that's lovely to look forward to! That's an awful lot of snow you had last year, at least it's not been as bad this year :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!

      And amen to less snow this winter. I couldn't have taken another winter like the last one again!

      Delete