Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tulips & Tea Time

Well yesterday around here was so lovely. The sun was shining and felt warm, especially for this time of year. The birds were singing, and even some patches of grass were showing through the snow.  But today we woke up to clouds and giant snow flakes and a forecast of 3-4 inches of snow. **Sigh**  And so goes March here up north.







However, I'm still thinking only sunny Spring thoughts and starting to plan for bringing out my bunnies and all of my Easter decorations. I hope to tackle some of that this weekend, but I'm beginning with some tulips I picked up at the grocery store. So I'm watching it snow and blow while I'm snuggling in with my tea, my garden magazine and my Spring thoughts.






I just love the colors of these Spring beauties, but look at all that white stuff outside. I think green would sure be a prettier backdrop.






Every time I walk by them their cheery faces make me smile.





Add a cup of tea (with treat) and some candlelight and all feels right with the world no matter what the weather is doing outside.





I think I'll snuggle in my nice Spring cocoon a little longer and browse through some gardens.






Sending you Spring thoughts and linking with Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday


















12 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I'm visiting from Laura's and am so glad I stopped by. : )
    Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so happy you stopped by too Billie Jo!! Always nice to see a new face (so to speak). Lol

      Hope you're having a lovely sunny day! xo

      Delete
  2. Tulips make you feel as if spring is in the air, don't they? Even if outside still looks like Narnia! We've had some sunny spells today combined with a biting wind and hail showers, weather couldn't make its mind up today! Good plan of yours to stay in with a magazine and a brew xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - love it Alison! It does look like Narnia around here!! It is crazy how something so simple as a tulip helps one stay sane these final winter days.

      Hope you're staying nice and snuggly too. xo

      Delete
  3. I so love tulips! I hope that you can have some of your own growing outside before too much longer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Spring thoughts and can't wait for it myself. Tulips are my favorites and I think I better pick up a bouquet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're opening up so pretty today too. Just smiling away at me. A little sunshine for the soul. I hope you do go enjoy some too! xo

      Delete
  5. I'm starting to want some spring too!! These tulips are so pretty. Some years ago I lived in a town home, with very small yards, but my neighbors had a bunch of tulips that would bloom every spring in their yard, and I could see them from my kitchen window. They were this deep purple, and I'm not a purple person, but they were so beautiful!!

    My daughter and I were just at the grocery store and they had these gorgeous colored daisies in deep blue, green orange and teal. I really like the colored daisies as well. Spring should be just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - those tulips sounded like royalty! ;)

      I love any flower that brings a little sunshine indoors when it feels like it's still so long before I'll really want to be outdoors. I love daisies too...and they're my Mom's favorite flower and always remind me of her. You gave me an idea that I'll have to bring her some next time.

      xo

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love tulips too! And my favorite look is just the way you have them - not in an arrangement - just fresh stems in a vase as if you were outside clipping them from your garden this morning! ;) Glad you enjoyed your cozy Spring cocoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very lovely view you have, my Dear....I am loving your stained glass, too! Those little 'treats' you have are so delicious - I forget what they are called, but I loooove those! Wish I could have a cup of tea with you and enjoy those pretty tulips! Wishing you a lovely week and maybe a thaw....:) Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete