Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday





Back to Monday! Where does the weekend fly? It was a good productive one around here. Some Spring cleaning and getting out my bunnies and Easter decorations. That always makes me so happy - just knowing we're that much closer to Spring.




 THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's in the mid 30's right now, but it's supposed to hit 48 as a high! Woo hoo!! The forecast for our whole week looks amazing actually. 40's and 50's predicted every day. Someone pinch me - I must be dreaming!!!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

My daughter is home on Spring break so she requested McDonald's hotcakes for breakfast. So we picked up my mom-in-law and grabbed a treat breakfast. I love their different coffees so my MIL and I started our day with an egg mcmuffin and yummy vanilla iced coffee!


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

Pretty cloudy this AM, but they're saying it's supposed to be mostly sunny by this afternoon! Yay!! Our back deck and yard that faces the bay is so nice as it's more sheltered from the wind and receives the later day sun.  It's always several degrees warmer (sometimes almost 10*) than what it is even in the front yard. It's truly a wonderful haven!!  The deck is finally free of snow, but the back hill is still covered. Looking forward to that disappearing over this week.

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching some of the Today show with my MIL and Annie and snuggling Ruby while I type this up.



AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Laundry mainly today - usual culprit.  So fun to see my bunnies and Spring decorations as I look around me. It reminds me that I need to order my Easter ham pretty soon for when I host that dinner. 



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Going to accomplish a few things here and have some lunch. Then this afternoon we'll head out and run some errands. If it gets as warm as they say when we come back this afternoon we'll go on the back deck outside & listen to the birdies and play with Ruby. Annie will probably practice her hockey on the deck or throw the ball for Ruby. 



CURRENTLY READING:

All of my magazines have been coming in for the month so I've been gobbling them up. Still reading some of Outlander too and some of my old cookbooks. I love reading them like a book! Lol



ON THE TV TODAY:

I didn't get to watch Good Wife yet, I caught up on some Grantchester though. However, still have a few of those taped to watch too. As a family we love Shark Tank and Amazing Race and already watched those this weekend. I find I'm missing Downton already. **Sigh**



ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I picked up some groceries already this weekend. Going to do homemade pizza one night. Crew requested tacos again - so made those last night and for the in-laws. Going to also make grilled BBQ chicken (maybe I should get out my outdoor grill!) and a nice Spring veggie pasta salad to go with it. Throw in some corn-on-the-cob (frozen of course), biscuits & iced tea and it doesn't feel like winter anymore! 



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I'm working on a fun Spring decoration that I will share soon! 



NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing new really. Although, I pinned a recipe for lemon cream cheese bars that looks phenomenal - so I may need to make them in the near future. When I do I'll let you know how they turn out!



TIP OF THE WEEK:

I forgot that sometimes this heading is on HHM. So i thought I'd add it once in a while. I just read a yummy one somewhere that said when you're making an ice cream cone throw a few mini marshmallows in the bottom to prevent a drippy cone as you eat it.  



FROM THE CAMERA:

a few bunny moments from around the house




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.

Galatians 5:22

I'm linking with Sandra Diary of a SAHM for HHM

11 comments:

  1. I love your bunny egg holder! Your weather sounds identical to ours. It certainly did feel surreal sitting outside while my boys played and NOT BEING COLD for once! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been WONDERFUL and I pray it does continue through the week. No matter what the rest of winter brings...just having this break is heavenly!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week ahead for you - maybe this is a turning point and spring is headed your way! We have one more day of sunshine (I am going to throw down some wildflower seeds) and then it is back to rain. Love that you are decorating for Easter - and hey - I am coveting your polka dot coffee mugs!! I might steal the red one......Hope the snow melts...Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops, not your mug.....It's Monday - I'm not all there yet....:) xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I hear ya on the Monday thing Karen (& I love that mug too and wished I owned it!) ;)

      Hope you get just enough rain to water those seeds nicely than back to sunshine. I'm soaking up every ray this week just like a little seedling. xoxo

      Delete
  4. It sounds as though you have a great week ahead! I hope that you enjoy it and seeing all of your bunnies - they are very cute!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy! Busy week with one of my kiddos being home. She keeps me hopping (so to speak). :)

      Delete
  5. When you find where that weekend flies to will you let me know? LOL Sounds like a busy week - hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Tamy - if I'm ever able to figure out how to rope it down and make it last longer I'll let you know!! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a blast of spring is coming your way!! hurrah! Have a super week with Annie at home :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison! Been loving the sunshine and time with my Girl! xo

      Delete