Saturday, March 7, 2015

Scraptastic Saturday: Chalk Scrapbook Page

scraptasticbutton


I've still been working to catch up on my scrapbooking. I'll always be playing catch-up...I think that's the nature of scrapbooking in general. Life keeps moving fast forward and I try to capture moments of it in my camera and then put it on paper for all posterity. However, by the time I've put one event in the books - 4 more of happened! Lol  I just LOVE it! It's never boring, always special, and always new and dynamic.


The other day I was working on my daughter's school year's album and I found this stencil I bought in the past because it reminded me of my daughter. I thought it would be a perfect way to do the starter page for her 2nd grade year.  Here's what I did:





I took the stencil and a piece of card stock and paper clipped them together so they stencil wouldn't slide around.






I then took my chalk colored pencils and filled in the stencil. When it was done I did some blending in areas by rubbing it with my fingers.  *Sorry couldn't resist another shot of my tulips from the other day!*





No matter how pretty the girl - she always likes a little "embellishment" right? So I glued on a lace & flower "headband". I then made a little tag to mark the grade and added the beautiful photo of my daughter! (this is from the '13-'14 school year)



One last tulip shot! Lol:




I'm linking with Scrapality today for Scraptastic Saturday.







10 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!
    You are quite talented. : )
    I am a bit behind in my scrapbooking...
    But I am always glad to have done it when I'm finished!
    Have a cozy day! : )
    Oh...and I love the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet Billie Jo. Yes, forever behind in scrapbooking but to look back at pages & albums is the best, isn't it? Just good to accomplish what we can - and my family seems grateful for what is there. ;)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely page!! I can see why the stencil reminded you of your daughter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari! I'm happy with it & Annie loves it, which is the point I guess. Lol xo

      Delete
  4. Ah that's sweet! I know what you mean about life moving fast, it whizzes by doesn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! I haven't figured out how to "step on the brake" yet - so I just try & appreciate each moment before it goes whizzing. Lol xo

      Delete
  5. I too can see why the stencil reminded you of your daughter! Your page looks great. I'm hoping for some scrapbooking starter stuff for my birthday. But I cant decide whether I should try and do one scrapbook for each child, as there will be a lot of repetition, or just one for us all ? what do you do ?
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way that I have done it is to do a family album for all of our family events: seasonal things, birthdays, holidays etc. And then I have a school years album for each of my kiddos which just contains their school things for each grade and all of their sports photos, awards etc. Although, I also have a separate album just for our family trips and vacations too.

      However, I only have 2 kiddos so I figure they can just divide up my family albums & trip albums between them someday. Lol

      My sis-in-law has 5 kiddos and she does a family album for herself and then does an album for each kiddo but with only a few highlights of each event with photos that pertain just to that child so not as repetitive.

      I think whichever way you decide to do it you can't go wrong. You're preserving memories either way, which I find so important.

      Another idea could be to do a scrapbook family album and then do something digital for your kiddos as that is a quicker easier way to preserve some memories too. It may take trial and error, but you'll figure out what works for you. I'm so excited you're going to take it on! You'll have to share lots of photos! ;)

      Delete