Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Easter Bunnies

I love decorating for Easter and Spring! Don't get me wrong, Christmas is probably my favorite holiday and I by far have the MOST Christmas decorations! But there is something about coming out of the heavier colors of the Christmas holiday and instead putting out pastels and softness and light. 


Well I've had several furry friends showing up lately for this next Easter season so I thought I would share a few with you. I know I gave  a little sneak peek at the end of yesterdays post, but here's a few more. They love to especially hide in my dining room hutch cubbies  and on the living room mantle. They're really kind of everywhere but here's the ones that I caught to show you.


I think this trio looks ready to break out into song barbershop style



Love the soft colors of this little egg cup




A pretty Spring vignette on my dining room book case. Love hydrangeas!




I never know who's going to pop up among the teacups looking for a tea party.




Here's my big marble "mantle wall" above the fireplace. Always a big one to fill up. Here's a memory of how I had it decorated for Christmas. Here's a closer peek at some visitors on there this season:



Now these 2 kind of look to me like they're up to no good. Don't they look like they're conspiring together in some way? I think the one on the left is telling the other one how they can make away with my Easter eggs!  Don't worry, I'll keep my eye on them.



And this is just a sweet chubby happy little fellow enjoying the flowers. 



**I will soon work on giving my blog a little makeover to match the Spring I'm feeling everywhere else and get those photos of snow off of my header! It keeps melting a little more every day and in a few days I think our back hill will be all clear and just grass. Yay!! I know it can still snow around here - especially in March - but will be nice to be rid of it for a while. 













14 comments:

  1. Agreed... As much as I love Christmas and all it entails, Christmas leads to winter whereas Easter leads to spring! The trio of bunnies in the first photo is my favorite - they have a rustic country look to them. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Yay and 3 cheers for Spring spring spring!! ;)

      Delete
  2. All of your bunnies are so cute, and you know of course that I love to see how your mantel is decorated! The real heart of a home that brings a lot of joy when it is pretty! I love the trio of bunnies in the first shot especially!!! Looking forward to your blog makeover, not that I don't like it now, but it is fun to change the look of your blog too isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy my dear! I do agree the mantle is like the heart and I love seeing yours for each season too! I hope to play around with the blog soon as I think that's so fun too. Just like changing things up in my home. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your touches of Spring. The trio of bunnies is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mari - Spring is definitely in my heart these days. ;)

      Delete
  4. Your spring decorations are lovely!!!
    Everything looks so festive and bright!
    I am going to get started on ours soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to take some pics too so we can see Billie Jo! Yay for bright beautiful Spring!! xo

      Delete
  5. Cute bunnies, yes those two do look like they're up to something don't they? I hope your snow has melted some more and you can see green again! Looking forward to the header makeover, I'd love to see some spring bay photos :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Alison - I'm keeping my eye on those 2. Lol

      The snow melted even more today! Nothing looking too green for a while, but just seeing that snow melt away puts a song in my heart!!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I love bunnies too!!! I called my sons, my bunny boys. I really like your bunny on the last post who is holding a purple egg. I hope Spring is there when I get home to VA. I have a lot to do! When we left VA last Sat. it was 18, when we got to FL Sunday eve it was 81! I am so…confused!!! LOL
      Fellow Cheesehead,
      Margot
      PS Since we are of German Swiss heritage, my sons tells people who tease him in other states to "Just call me Swiss Cheese."

      Delete
    3. Thanks Margot!

      I can't even begin to imagine 81* weather - but I am loving the 50's!! Hope VA is lovely for you.

      I love the Swiss Cheese name - that's hilarious! (& perfect)
      Have a safe trip back. xo

      Delete
    4. It should have said (son) tells. I have to be my own grammer police. LOL
      I didn't know that I should have played the get to know you game, but I give my self away most times.
      I am educating folks at the hotel on the cheese chunks they put out with the wine. LOL It was set out on a big pile, almost mixed together, and without signs. I just tell people the Gouda is gooda. LOL…
      Got to love the gal from Iowa, she likes our Packers!

      Delete
    5. Still feel free to join in to the "get to know" game yet!! You are too funny (about the cheese "issue") and amen to anyone that loves our Packers! xoxo

      Delete