Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday weigh in: Scrap page hanger (& this & that)

Happy Wednesday! It's a beautiful sunny one here today, even if it is shining over that several inches of snow we received yesterday.  Spring will come! (my eternal mantra).


Wednesday's continue to be the day I check-in (or "weigh-in) on how I'm doing with my 2015 goals. Today I was thinking about how I've been trying to be more focused this Lenten season. I've been better with my devotional and reflection time, so that has been good.


I've been dusting off the fitbit and getting back to work on the treadmill (since weather still not cooperating). So feeling pretty good there too...although that is always my area of improvement! If only I loved to workout as much as I love to cook. Sigh.


And I've been spending more time on my crafts and scrapbooking. This has been easy and I enjoy my time creating immensely!! I have also been slowly changing decorations to Spring around here. I wanted to share this little hanger I have in my craft/office room that I just love & changed to a Spring photo.  I purchased it through Creative Memories long ago and I don't know that they still have it.


I have it hanging above my little scrapping draft table area and below my shelves. It came with the knob you put up and then hang the framework with the ribbon attached from the knob. It measures about 11x11 inches total and the photo part is 8x8. I have made several of these 8x8 photos from templates they have on www.shutterfly.com. They have different styles, patterns, colors and you choose how many photos you want on it and place them in and then shutterfly ships them to you. I have quite a handful of them now to represent different seasons but haven't made a new one in a while so many of the photos are dated. However, I love looking back at the old memories. 



This one is for Spring and it says "Spring has Sprung!" below the photo of my daughter. This picture was from her birthday when she was in 4-k (4year kindergarten) and we brought garden cupcakes to school - which are cupcakes you top with frosting, "dirt" (oreo cookie crumbs), a silk flower and gummy worms. 


As you can see I've hung other items from the other little knobs attached. 





Here you can get a little idea of the handful of these I have to play around with each season or if the mood strikes me to change to a new picture. I guess it's the little things that bring joy. Lol




In other news, I wanted to share that this is the last day for the journal give-away. I will have my daughter draw a name tonight by 8:00PM central time zone here in the states. So please leave a comment on that post if you'd still like to enter! I'll announce the winners (yep, as in 2 chances to win as I will have runner up goodies) on Friday.  Here's a few new peeks too:

Just to remind you of the journal and markers.




another embellished page peek




I told you candy would be involved - mmmmm!






A card to go to the winner that I will leave blank so they may use it as they wish!



The only thing I have left to do is find the little Spring decoration I wish to add. My friend's specialty store is only open certain days of the week and due to Vegas last week I didn't get there. However, I will be going tomorrow so that part of the prize package will remain a surprise! The runner-up will also receive candy and a Spring decoration. 




In final news.... I just wanted to share some bits from the Pentatonix concert in Las Vegas last week, as I couldn't get my photo or video to upload and share them this past Monday. Enjoy!


Photo of Pentatonix (or PTX) - acapella group. Check out video below:






17 comments:

  1. You have the cutest kids! I saw a real nice full size picture of them on one of you other posts. I always wanted a girl. The son who the Dr. thought would be a girl said he will use the name I had picked out if he has a girl.
    I will have to keep my husband away from any Easter candy in the stores, so he doesn't see those eggs. That brand is his favorite. He gets his meds. and when he checks out they have those Ferreros right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - you're so sweet Margot and thanks for coming by and commenting. I entered you in the drawing & if you win you'll have to keep the candy from that hubby of yours! Lol

      I'll announce the winner tomorrow! ;)

      Delete
  2. Good for you, getting on that treadmill! I will be doing the same here come tomorrow morning! Love those cupcakes, I bet the kids thought they were just fab! Thursday already tomorrow, where is this week going??! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it is flying by isn't it Alison?? Although I just see it as another week closer to Spring! Lol Am I obsessed or what??

      It did feel so good to hit the treadmill and going to hit it again today. ;)

      Delete
  3. Happy Wednesday!
    Loved visiting with you today.
    I am behind in my scrapbooking too.
    And the treadmill...
    But I do love to cook! : )
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And wanted to let you know...I added you to my dashboard, so I will get all your posts there! : )

      Delete
    2. Loved visiting with you too Billie Jo & I'll add you to mine as well. I also entered you in my drawing and I'll announce the winner tomorrow! ;)

      God bless. xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Carrie - you are so dedicated....getting on the treadmill - I am proud of you! I keep saying I am going to work out and now you have inspired me - no excuses - I am going to dig out that old exercise tape asap! I love that photo display frame with the little knobs! What a cute idea! I'll bet the children just love the dirt cupcakes. So nice that you got to go to Vegas. I need to catch up on your posts....Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie - you are so dedicated....getting on the treadmill - I am proud of you! I keep saying I am going to work out and now you have inspired me - no excuses - I am going to dig out that old exercise tape asap! I love that photo display frame with the little knobs! What a cute idea! I'll bet the children just love the dirt cupcakes. So nice that you got to go to Vegas. I need to catch up on your posts....Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get back on track - will be back on that treadmill today! Let's be dedicated together!! ;)

      Those cupcakes were a hit and they were also what we had on my daughter's first birthday. Her whole nursery as a baby was a garden theme, so it just fit.

      Wishing you a blessed day. xo

      Delete
  6. You did a lovely job on the scrap-page-hanger! Thanks for the reminder about the giveaway; I must have missed that post, but I'll remedy that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany!! I entered you in the drawing and the winner(s) will be announced tomorrow. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Your scrap page hanger is so cute! Lucky you for see Pentonix - they are god!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice.... that was supposed to say good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you didn't mean "god" Mari - hahaha!! They're good, but not THAT good! ;)

      Thanks Hon and wishing you a lovely sunny day!! xoxo

      Delete
  9. Your frame is lovely! I really like that you can change the pictures and can hang additional little things too. A very pretty piece to have above your work area! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy! Makes me smile every time I look at it. Xo

      Delete