Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Scrapbooking can "Bee" So Fun!

Sorry I'm later with a post today, but I had some appointments this AM and I wasn't good about preparing ahead. 


But I'm here now to say happy day to you - and to show you another scrapbook layout from my past. I chose this one to show as I wanted to share a favorite little "trick" I often like to do in my scrapbooks.  I have so many fun page sets (that have card stock with stickers and alphabet letters to match) that work lovely together in a layout and everything goes together and matches.


And then I have some loose stickers or diecuts that I pick up just because I think they're pretty, or adorable, or cute. One such set was this pack of cute bee stickers I had picked up a few years back. At the time I was working on my family album and I thought maybe I would use them in a summer or spring kind of layout, but they just didn't gel with those I was working on at that time. Well, then I started working on a layout about a reunion I had with some girlfriends of mine & I thought these stickers would be so adorable to use with pics of our kiddos too, however I wanted to tie it all together somehow.  So I did something I love - which is to do a play on words as a way to work stickers or other embellishments into my layout.

In this case I used the bees to talk about our friendships and a title and theme with the bee stickers was created!



I then used some patterned and solid card stock that matched the stickers and colors in the photos. I have used this idea in many other layouts - another example was when I made a baby album for a friend and I used little buttons all over the page and titled it "cute as a button".  Or used zoo stickers to make a page with boys on it titled "Wild Boys". You get the idea.  It can be a nice way to use up embellishments you have that won't fit in anything else.



Here's a photo of the full layout all together. So bottom line is have fun playing with words when doing those paper crafts like scrapbooking or making cards: but don't forget to "BEE" CREATIVE!   XO



6 comments:

  1. So cute! You are very creative. Those cute alphabets and stickers are something I miss with digital scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I think once I "switch over" that's the kind of things I will miss too. I guess there's a trade off for time and convenience sometimes. But for now I love all the little bits of stuff like that and love using them like crazy! Lol

      xo

      Delete
  2. You are such a creative bee ing, who obviously enjoys bee ing with her friends and for all her memories to bee recorded! Sorry, that is a rubbish sentence, trying to bee too cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa!! I just have to say I love you Amy!! You're a hoot and a sweetheart!! This was perfect, gave me a giggle and made my day!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a clever way of using decorations that don't fit on your other pages, those buzzy bees are very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I have such fun, actually, trying to figure out corny ways to use those extras. Lol ;)

      Delete