Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday





Happy Monday to All and hope you had a wonderful weekend!!  It was a nice and mellow one here. We were productive around the house (cleaning and errands and groceries) and rented some on demand movies. Sometimes it's so nice not having a big agenda. Plus, I got my office/craft room spring cleaned and organized and it makes me so HAPPY!! Will share a post with pics soon.  



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

It's still only been in the 30's or 40's lately and next expected to be much warmer today or the whole of this week.  Cloudy today but sun supposed to maybe peek out and might hit 40. As I've said before, compared to last March/Spring this is wonderful for us - so I'm very grateful!!

 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Some blueberry hazelnut oatmeal and hot cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer.


  AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

The squirrels, chipmunks and birds have been feeling the Spring and are quite busy and making a lot of noise.  I LOVE IT!! 

 

RIGHT NOW I AM:

Watching some news. Deciding what I'm going to do with my mom-in-law today. It's kind of nice to have the groceries done already from the weekend, but she's so happy when we keep busy too. I think I may have her help me make some banana bread (I have some over ripe bananas that need using up). May run a few quick errands, and then make dinner to bring my in-laws when I take my MIL home. Thinking quick and easy: sloppy joes (homemade not from a can), a big green veggie salad, some chips and of course bring them 1/2 of the banana bread.



AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Laundry (ALWAYS - ugh!), a few dishes - but overall pretty tidy. Early AM is nice when the first daylight comes in (sunny or not) and everything feels so quiet and calm before the bustle of the day begins. 



ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:

Everything I mentioned above: bake banana bread, run errands and make dinner to bring in-laws for later.  If it's not too cold later maybe we can bundle up and take a little walk too.



CURRENTLY READING:

I've still been a magazine junkie lately and haven't been reading anything substantial and i miss it. I really need to just pick one of my many books laying in wait & get reading!! I can't tear myself away from some new gardening magazines and dreaming on what i want to do this season!



ON THE TV TODAY:

I still need to catch up on the Good Wife, also I had kind of been watching the Voice and have several of those taped to catch up on if I'm going to keep up with it.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I'm thinking sloppy joes tonight as mentioned above.  Also, we may grill brats one night and have with baked beans and cooked veggie side dish. I also want to make my MIL's old time recipe for lemon bars this week. And another meal for us and in-laws I have planned is crunchy honey mustard chicken tenders and twice baked potatoes with mixed veggie side dish. Keeping it nice and easy this week as we have lots of after school events (something every night but Friday!)



WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:

I have a few little project ideas in the works, but haven't started them yet.


NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Nothing really new - too busy this week. However, I have made chicken tenders many times before but not the way I'm planning to this week with a honey mustard mixture and panko bread crumbs coating the tenders. Thought I'd shake it up for different flavors and my son and dad-in-law both really like honey mustard.


TIP OF THE WEEK:

Unfortunately one of the best ways I get my hubby to drink water is by having bottled water around. He likes to take a bottle with him on his way out the door in the AM on the way to work. I try to wash and re-use the bottles a reasonable amount to help the environment at least a little, and I like to use one to water all of my plants each week. I just fill the empty bottle with tap water and it has such a nice narrow top that it's easy to get in under the plants leaves to water into the dirt. Also works nice then for my self-watering pots that have a little lip I need to pour the water in to - as the narrow bottle top fits just right. (Also, I always put my used water bottles into the recycle bin when I'm done with them.)



FROM THE CAMERA:





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM for HHM

18 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    Those chicken tenders sound good!
    And I am sitting here at the computer with the sun shining in as well.
    Things are tidy, if not clean here...
    And laundry awaits!
    Have a cozy day. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off to do my laundry now before my MIL and I start baking some banana bread. Sending more snuggly thoughts your way.

      Happy Monday! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Those chicken tenders sound really good! I haven't cooked with panko crumbs but am always seeing recipes with them on Pinterest.

    I love magazines too. My favorite is Better Homes and Gardens because they have a little bit of everything.

    Banana bread always smells amazing in the oven especially on a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panko is nice Laura because it holds up & stays crispy.

      I love BH&G magazine too & have a subscription to it!! Love the interior design/decorating, garden info & recipes. Agree it's such a great all around magazine!

      The banana bread smelled so good & hit the spot. It was so nice to be able to give 1/2 to the in-laws too. Xo

      Delete
  3. Nothing like a clean craft room to bring inspiration so you can make a mess :D I'm baking banana bread this week too - been waiting on the bananas to soften - any other time they'd do it before I was ready.

    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - exactly Tamy!! As I finished up in there I was thinking exactly that...can't wait to start next project which = mess. ;)

      Happy week to you too!

      Delete
  4. What a great quote! I have no idea why but I find myself drinking more water when I drink the bottled water as well. It makes no sense. Banana bread sounds wonderful. I may have to see if I have some bananas floating around the freezer and steal that idea. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad but true for many of us. I know it's not good for the environment but the bottles are SO convenient.

      The banana bread was so good & I often put butterscotch chips in too- but I was out of them this time. ;)

      Delete
  5. I told my mom about your lanterns!! Last summer her and I created a little sitting area on the side of our house, after she had a new fence installed. This year she wants to get like a small wooden deck for the area, last year we just laid mulch. This is our little oasis, where we can go out and read our books, and get away from everyone in the house, LOL. So I’m going to start looking for some lanterns to go with the area, just love that idea.

    Have a wonderful week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a perfect Littke retreat! I don't even remember where I got these lanterns as I've had them for several years. In the winter I've even filled them with some snow & cranberries before too.

      You'll have to take pics once you're done decorating your oasis! Xo

      Delete
  6. We had sloppy joes for supper too - the homemade variety, They are good and easy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad-in-law always really likes them. But they do hit the spot sometimes & nice & easy. ;)

      Delete
  7. I always miss Homemaker Monday! Maybe because I really jump into my homemaking on Monday. LOL
    Love the Assisi quote. We are the same temps. here, which is good as it keeps me inside and packing.
    Margot
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm so happy you come visit me Margot!

      Glad you're getting your packing done so you can hurry up & get back here.

      Happy week to you! Xo

      Delete
  8. I love the lanterns! I think it'll still be a while before we are sitting out of an evening here. Bravo for getting your office/craft room spring cleaned. I daren't show you mine - it really needs a sort out! Have a super week :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!

      Hasn't been as warm here as I'd like lately, but hopefully soon.

      It is the best feeling finally having that room better organized - loving it!

      Hope you have a great week too. Xo

      Delete