Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lasagna Pasta



I wanted to share another staple recipe we often have around here. I didn't get it into Annie's cookbook yet, but I will eventually. It's a yummy one because it has all the flavors of lasagna, right down to the gooey cheese, but is much faster and easier than true lasagna. Don't get me wrong - I love the real deal - but when you have limited time this comes together in a snap.





Brown some ground beef and season well, then drain. I add Italian seasoning to mine to give it more of an italian sausage flavor. Or you could just use Italian sausage (but I always have ground beef on hand).  Add some spaghetti sauce or marinara (homemade or store bought) to the meat and let flavors simmer together. I often add some fresh chopped parsley or basil, but didn't have any this time.



I think I was in a hurry that day - so didn't take photos of every step. Meanwhile, while sauce is simmering boil some bow tie (farfalle)pasta, then drain it and drizzle it with olive oil.  I like bow tie with this as it has a lasagna texture to it. Then blend the sauce and pasta together. You'll then fold in some sour cream (give it that creamy lasagna taste/texture and some shredded mozzarella cheese (for that gooey cheesy goodness). Let it simmer a bit longer until all heated through and cheese has melted. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.

here's everything after it's blended together


See that gooey cheese hanging off the plate - that's what you want!

We often have this with either garlic bread or muffins and a nice crisp green salad. Here's the recipe:


LASAGNA PASTA

1 pound ground beef
1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce or marinara
seasonings & herbs of your choice (italian seasoning, garlic powder, fresh parsley or basil)
1 box (1 pound) of mini farfalle pasta (bow tie)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Olive oil (to drizzle on pasta)
parmesan cheese  - as topping if desired


Directions: Brown ground beef and add seasonings of your choice (salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder). Drain beef and add pasta sauce. Add fresh herbs if desired and simmer. While sauce simmers boil pasta according to directions. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil. Blend pasta and sauce together. Fold in sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Heat through until cheese melts. Top with parmesan if desired and serve.











10 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! I love lasagna but rarely take the time to make it, so this recipe is perfect for me! Thanks so much for sharing it! Hope your day is beautiful, Carrie, and oh, I saw the baby cloud! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you saw the cloud too. I think it's a bright beautiful sign. Hope you love this as much as we do!

      Delete
  2. This sound great! We love lasagne, but I don't make it often because of the time involved. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrummy, I love pretty much any sort of pasta bake! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with pasta! Add wine & it's bliss. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh thank you!!!!!
    I just read the recipe to my girls....and they can't wait to try it!
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it as much as we do. Great comfort food on a cold night. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh we'll have to try this one! We love pasta dishes here, this one looks quick and easy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly couldn't be easier Amy - yet so yummy in it's creamy cheesy goodness. Lol Hope you enjoy! ;)

      Delete