Monday, December 15, 2014

Blogmas Day 15: Christmas Decorations



Well my internet has been whack-a-doodle today so I'm late getting to my fun blog time. Because of this and due to a busy day ahead, and LOTS of fun decoration photos to show you, I won't be getting to Happy Homemaker Monday today...but plan to get back to it next week!!
 
So let's get right to it. I've been accumulating lots of fun decoration photos lately and this is definitely the holiday in which I have the most decorations for the year!
 
Let's begin outside before you come in and look around.
 


 
As you walk up our (I know it's rather mammoth) driveway you'll come to our front door area.  Usually everything would have been peppered with snow and be covered in white - but it's been a weird mild winter here....so far.  One thing that's different right now is that the green planter to the left of the door has a neat PEACE sign I found that leans on top of it, but the rest is still just like this now. The wreath on our front door and swag on our side door are both real. I had recently purchased the big artificial wreath on the bench to hang and keep every year instead for the front door (I like that it lights up) - but it's really bulky and doesn't hang right. So there it sits to light up the bench instead. The big poinsettia lamp post was a new find this year too, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! It matches the poinsettia flowers draped on my bench.
 
Please come inside but first take a peek at what things look like at night:
 
 

 
Now let's take a look at a few things indoors.
 

 
You can see more about my Christmas piano from this post
 
 
Near the piano is a nice reading nook. I have a book basket there and where we keep my kiddos books. My daughter especially loves to curl up  in the oversized chair and read together .  Feel free to sit a spell and enjoy the tree (which I can't fully reveal yet, supposed to save for tomorrow!) My daughter will happily play something for you on the piano and I'll bring you a nice warm tea or cocoa.
 


 
Or come cozy up on the couch. It's in front of the fireplace and I could get one going for you.  Or take a peek at some of the Christmas cards I've received so far. I love to display them on my card holder.
 
Here are few of my mantle decorations:



 
 
I love the candle glow at night. Next up the dining room:
 


As you can see I have a fun built in with lots of cubbies. I love this hutch as it houses a lot of my china dishes and some decorations.  Here's a close up on a few cubbies:
My nativity that my lovely Mom hand "antiqued"  and embellished for me.

vintage Lefton Christmas pieces I've collected (love vintage for my vintage cottage)

A vintage angel from the antique store

A Christmas pine cone vase in front of a tray I found on a trip in Poland.
 
 
And of course my little cabinet from the calendar post the other day.
 
In the kitchen I just have a few little touches:



 
The upstairs t.v. room/den is off of the dining room:
Another built in (great for storage!) with cubbies that house my vintage Roseville pottery



 
And I'll spare you the bedroom and bathroom decorations (at least for today). I think this has been quite a photo heavy post already. We have a downstairs media room too and I think I'll save those decorations for tomorrow as it has one of my 2 Christmas trees to reveal tomorrow! I can't wait to see everyone's decorations and then trees tomorrow!!
 
I'm linking up for Blogmas Day 15:  Christmas Decorations with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
 


15 comments:

  1. Such lovely decorations! Love the vintage angel! Your reading nook looks heavenly! Love that your 'Christmas welcome' starts before you even enter your home (and then that your home just opens its arms out wide for visitors, so inviting it looks!!!)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to have you come for a visit Helen! Trees show up tomorrow! ;)

      Delete
  2. You have such a stunning house, oh my goodness. I could be happy in that reading nook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you come sit a spell anytime Sandra dear. XO

      Delete
  3. Your home is charming, and I love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful home - beautifully decorated! Thank you for inviting us in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Barbara. Come visit any time! ;)

      Delete
  5. I had to scroll through this twice to thoroughly enjoy it...such beautiful decorations and home!! My mom has some of the vintage Lefton Christmas pieces. I really like the mantle decorations, so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Annie! I love vintage touches, but especially at Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I didn't even look ahead to see that tomorrow we were suppose to show our trees! Your home is very beautiful and welcoming. Love your vintage decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Jhona! Yes come back tomorrow & see the trees! Yay!!

      Delete
  7. Everything looks so warm and welcoming, Carrie! I love your front entry with the lanterns and bench and pretty wreaths. Your home is so large and spacious with such lovely big windows! I am in love with your dining room hutch with all your pretties and the beautiful glass cabinet with the calendar <3 But I have to say, I am jealous of your kitchen - the little glimpse I got - oh - such pretty cabinetry and granite! And double ovens! Your leather chair is where I would be putting my feet up every chance I got, too! Love your vintage collectibles and that sweet photo of your children is precious. Hope your week is wonderful. We are having a weird, mild winter here, too! I guess we can't complain! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx so much dear Karen! Come put your feet up & snuggle in anytime.

    I'll show my full kitchen tomorrow & both Christmas trees tomorrow if you want to get full peek. ;)

    It seems to be a weird mild one this winter. I agree though - after last winter I'm not complaining at all! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful decorations!! You have a beautiful home and everything is so nicely arranged and displayed. I especially like your front door arrangement and the poinsettia lantern holder, I have never seen anything like that before, but I really like it! xx

    ReplyDelete