Friday, December 26, 2014

Making Merry

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas these past couple of days! All that time and preparation and it's over so quickly.  We had a busy and beautiful Christmas. Christmas Eve mass was lovely and Santa visited while we were gone so we came home to lots of fun for the kiddos.
 
The kids each got a new bike from Santa! Here we are posing before heading to the in-laws for early Christmas morning gift opening with them and my bro & sis-in-law and their kiddos. It's been our Xmas day tradition for many years.  My daughter & I were wearing matching pj's (a gift she loved this year) and my hubby is dressed funny as this was a joke gift he was given by his brother last year - so he had to wear it by their rules. Lol Trust me he's as far from dressing like this in everyday life as you get!
 
 
Christmas Day has always been traditionally spent at my in-law's house. However, due to my mom-in-law's deteriorating condition and abilities we have now taken over the duties of hosting for the holiday. We had my Mom and then all of my hubby's relatives over. We had our wonderful ham dinner and then played the goofy door prize game I talked about earlier in the month.  The tables were set with my mom-in-law's china she always used. Even though it's hard and things need to change - some traditions we can carry along the way with us...and there's comfort in that I think.
 
The door prize game was so fun and goofy as always - here's a little peek!
As I said - there's comfort in how some traditions (even goofy ones) stay the same.
 
We're actually off to another Christmas gathering today.  We're getting together with my Dad later this year, so I guess it's nice it didn't have to end so early yet.  We get to enjoy a little longer.  Hope you all are as well!
 
**PS: Here's a link to my pinterest and my breakfast tab on there where you can find the omelet breakfast muffins I made to bring to my in-law's for Xmas morning gift opening.  I used sausage instead of ham and they were really good!
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good day. I love your hubby's outfit. Sounds like something my family would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun day Mari - even if we had to change up tradition a little bit. It's hard seeing our oldest generation continue to age and change, but that's how life works doesn't it?

    I love that goofy outfit on my hubby too - he'll just love that I'm sharing it for all on here! ((evil giggle)) But that's how his family rolls...the goofier the better. If they pick on you it just means "you're in the club". If you can relate maybe it's a Midwestern thing among us? Lol

    Hope you had a wonderful day as well and wishing you many blessings for the New Year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thx Amy! It was so fun & always seems to fly by so fast after all that work & prep. Hope yours was wonderfully fun as well. Blessings for a very Happy New Year!

      Delete