Thursday, December 4, 2014

Quick BBQ Chicken Pizza

 
I thought I would share one of our favorite easy go-to pizza recipes.  My hubby and I especially love BBQ chicken pizza and that flavor combination.  I love the ease of Pillsbury products for making dinner quick and easy when it's needed (especially on our sports nights).  I often use the whole wheat version, but used the original the other night.
 
I often have rotisserie chicken around for other recipes, so if I have leftovers this is a great way to use it up.  Just take some Pillsbury pizza dough (right by the crescent rolls in the grocery store) and unroll in baking pan.  Roll it out as thin as you want it (all the way to edge of pan) - or leave thicker like I did below. Pre-bake the crust for about 8 mins at 400 degrees (directions are on the can).
 
 
Take out pre-baked crust and top with toppings of your choice. For this pizza we like to add some sweet but zesty kind of BBQ sauce (or you could use homemade if you have it!), a little bit of diced red onion, diced green pepper, shredded rotisserie chicken and grate and top with mozzarella cheese (or Monterey jack is good on this too). I took these photos with my phone and the one above is before the cheese was added.
 
Bake again at 400* for about 10 mins - or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
Enjoy!
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I think my hubby would like this one. Quick, easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure love it Mari. One of those easy flavorful go-to kind of recipe ;)

      Delete
  2. It is great to have some ideas for things that are quick and straightforward to make for dinner isn't it, especially ones that you really like like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Amy! Easy yummy go-to's make life so much easier sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Delicious! Going to make this next week when my son has his playdates over.....8 year old boys.....there's never enough food to fill them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they love it! It cooks up in a jiffy and has always been good. They might even love to pick their own toppings and put them on themselves. ;)

      Delete