I have a quick spell to check in and try to get a little blogmas time before some family arrive. I should have more time to catch up tomorrow and will go around and catch up with everyone and I also have some pics from a nice luncheon I hosted yesterday (& fun recipe to share), so please come visit me tomorrow!
For today what came to mind for quick last minute gifts is probably the most obvious: gift cards of some kind. I think a really fun one to give is for a movie theater and you put the card in a popcorn bucket with some movie candy!
Of course making up homemade certificates is always sweet. You could make a little booklet for a friend offering to babysit their kiddos. Or for a loved one make "coupons" they can redeem for a back rub or chores around the house.
Here's a fun thing that popped in my head and I remember doing for someone. Make some homemade hot buttered rum mix (yummy!) This recipe is from Taste of Home
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the ice cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and extract. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze overnight. Makes 3-1/2 cups mix.
- 2. To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 3-4 tablespoons of mix in boiling water; stir well. Yield: 14-18 servings
You can give the mix in a little plastic container or bucket (that can go in freezer) and wrap up some fun Christmas mugs to go with it.
Just a few quick ideas! Time to run but I will visit everyone tomorrow and have a post up again then!
Linking with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM