Friday, December 19, 2014

Blogmas Day 19: Preparing for Christmas

 
Well the first thing that comes to mind when one says to prepare for Christmas is cooking and baking!! And next would be cleaning! Lol Yep, now I begin the season of hosting several Christmas gatherings at our home - so I'm on full speed ahead. I begin this afternoon having a lunch for some relatives. I will try to remember to take some photos of the table when it's all set. No matter how on the ball I think I am I always spend these final days cooking up a storm, last minute shopping and cleaning.  Sigh. It's what we do I guess. I really do take time to sit and enjoy as well.
 
 
But the most important part about preparing for this season, in my opinion, is making sure I take time with the Lord to reflect and pray and think about what this season is about.
 
 
 
 
This is what prepare really means to me.
 
 
I will be busy these next few days with some family gatherings, as well as some final sports my kiddos participate in before Christmas.  I don't think I'll make Blogmas tomorrow, but will try to check in whenever I'm able! I've been loving it so much. Thanks Sandra!! And I appreciate folks stopping by and leaving nice comments when I know everyone is as busy as I am! Lol
 
God bless!! xo
 
Linking for Blogmas Day 19 with Sandra from Diary of a SAHM

6 comments:

  1. I've been cooking and cleaning tonight - my whole family (22 people) are coming to my house tomorrow.
    You've given me a good reminder tonight. I've been like Martha, busy working, and i need to spend more time listening. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya Mari - it is what we all do! I think we're just wired that way. And we always want it to be perfect. Would Jesus care if everything were perfect? Probably not. Lol

      God bless xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have been so busy, have had *no* time to stop by before now.....really hope you enjoy your day today!!! Have a LOVELY weekend!! Thank you for the reminder about stopping to take time to be with Him....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Helen - just love to hear from ya whenever you get time. I know you're out there dear Gal. Hope you did get that time to stop, be with Him, and soak in some true joy of the season.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, I can totally understand the cleaning part, that comes to my mind too. I really must get on and get it sorted! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you're taking time to just rest and enjoy too Amy!
      God bless xo

      Delete