Monday, December 8, 2014

My Mantle is Glowing

I'd been doing the same decorating to my mantle for quite a few years and I wanted to change it up this year.  We have a painting in the center of the mantle area that we usually have up year round - no matter how it's decorated for the season. I decided to take this down and was looking for a wreath but didn't find anything I liked.
 
 
I decided instead to go with a star in the center instead of a wreath.
 
 
I really like the focus it brings and how it stands out against the marble on the fireplace. I also decided to use candles up there this year. I love the glow they give! They are battery powered which is nice for safety and for the convenience of a timer on each! I used some different greenery than usual also, and I like how it drapes nicely.
 
 
I usually have some kind of woodland décor as it goes so nicely with my cottage home decorating. I love the deer I found this year (from Pier1 Imports) and how they're a nice size to stand out well too. I put some roses up there, not only because their colors are wonderful for the season, but also because it reminds me of my wedding held right after Christmas and I had a bouquet of velvet roses with greenery and holly.
 
Loving how my mantle turned out this year! I'm linking up for Tweak it Tuesday with Brenda from Cozy Little House 
 



8 comments:

  1. It looks so nice! I don't have a fireplace, so no mantle to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have one in our last house either Mari. Then I inherited this monster of a one at this house! Lol

      I've loved trying to be creative with it though. Have a great day. xo

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I struggle with my mantle year round. I love the glow on yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thanks so much. Your comment means a lot. I love working on it for each season to see what I can create.

      Please visit often! xo

      Delete
  3. Love the star and the warm glow from all the candlelight! The roses and deer are very sweet. I have the hardest time decorating my mantle! Yours is beautiful! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen! I'm really loving the star for something different this year. I've seen pics of your mantle and it's lovely. I love your decorations too, especially all of your natural elements. XO

    ReplyDelete