Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dreaming on the Fairies

My daughter is a firm believer, and lover of fairies.  I will be the first to admit I may have encouraged this love a bit. Or maybe I should just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
 
I bring this up as my daughter received some special gifts for Christmas from not only me...but also a special fairy friend that started visiting her last year.  First of all, here's some photos of a few of the fun fairy gifts she received:
 
 I want to move into this teapot house!!
 

just love her sweet watering can of flowers


 
My daughter received a special note from Rose (that's the name of her own special garden fairy) and it said that Santa dropped off goodies for her on behalf of Rose. You see Rose has left for the winter as all good garden fairies do. 
 
My daughter has a lovely little garden right outside her bedroom window.  We have toad homes to attract frogs & toads, fairy houses, and pots filled with flowers & fairy folk. We started this several years ago all in my daughter's hopes to seek, catch,or make friends with a fairy.
Well last year Rose showed up and started leaving my daughter notes and tokens. My daughter has been in heaven ever since and has loved sending notes back and forth to sweet Rose.  My daughter even swears she's caught a glimpse of Rose before.
 
Here's the note Rose left last Fall letting my daughter know she had to leave for the Winter. 
So my daughter was positively thrilled that Rose remembered her for Christmas and sent goodies via Santa.
 
So we've been dreaming on fairies ever since...even though we have a LONG winter ahead to get through before we're back to fun flower pots full of fairies. Here's some peeks from last summer in case you'd like to dream along with us:
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Carrie, what an absolutely precious tradition! This will be something your daughter shall never forget, and always remember with fondness. The teapot is so adorable, I have to say I don't think it will be big enough for the two of us to move into, so we shall have to choose. Odds or evens? ;)

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting today. I don't hsve much time to get on line these days so please forgive me if I don't visit as often, but I'm thinking about you during this season and hope you have a Happy New Year and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you visit dear Gal. I'll take odds on the teapot or just arm wrestle you for it. ;)

      Wishing you all the best for a fabulous 2015!

      Delete
  2. Hia....haven't been online over Christmas and am online for a short while now and so wanted to see how you're doing and to wish you a wonderful few days in the run up to New Year.....Helen xxx [Has your daughter seen The Spiderwick Chronicles, by the way? I watched it with my 8 year old son over Christmas and he LOVED it.....(there's several beautiful bits with fairys and sprites......I'm now looking to get him the books as they just look like he'll DEVOUR them!!!)]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Darling Gal! Happy Holidays to you as well and I'm glad you're taking wee break.

    Thanks for the tip on the Spiderwick Chronicles. I will absolutely check that out and I bet she'll love it! We already had a plan to go to the library tomorrow - so that will work beautifully.

    Thx again Helen and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. How totally delightful! Especially the note! Happy New Year to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Amy! It's so fun dreaming with my Girl while it lasts. She's growing up too soon so I just keep enjoying every second.
      Happy New Year to you also!! xo

      Delete
  5. I just love these!! They are so beautiful. How special is the garden outside her window? Something she will always remember.

    I missed the tail end of your blogmas posts, I had bookmarked the wrong page, UGH!! So glad you and your family had a wonderful holiday!! Wishing you and your family all the best in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have truly loved her little garden and have fun adding new touches every year. We'll have to wait and see what 2015 brings. ;0)

      I hope you had a wonderful holiday and Happy 2015 to you dear Carrie-girl!
      xoxo

      Delete