Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Happy Monday to All! I hope you've been recovering well from a truly beautiful Christmas time. Everything was wonderful here, other than it was kind of a weirdly mild and not very white Christmas (strange for where I live)...but I'm not complaining!  Wonderful time with family and friends that flew by too fast - I feel blessed.
 
The weather outside is...
It's still pretty bare and patchy as far as snow goes but the mild has worn off and it's COLD. It was below zero earlier this AM and I think we have forecast of high of 10 degrees today. Back to bundling up!!
 
 
On the breakfast plate this morning...
Having fun being a kid with my daughter (kiddos home from school on break) and we had cherry pop tarts. I had some coffee too with rum cake creamer. Still in holiday treat mode I guess.
 
 
As I look outside my window...
Sunny and bright but I know it's CoLD!!!!
 

 Right now I am...

Listening to my daughter and her friend play. She had a buddy sleep over last night. That's part of the fun on Christmas break right?
 
 
As I look around the house...
Lots of picking up for my daughter and friend to do before her friend goes home. Lol Some daily chores - laundry and a few dishes, but in pretty good shape. We super cleaned before all the relatives came for Christmas. Going to wait until this next weekend to take down the trees, so I get to enjoy their twinkly goodness a little bit longer.
 
 
On today's to do list...
We really need some groceries. So going to go pick those up this afternoon and run a few errands with my daughter. Will make dinner early so I can run something to my in-laws before my son's indoor soccer game.
 
 
Currently reading...
I kind of set Outlander to the side for now (although determined to read it before the Starz show starts back up on April) as I'm eyeing up a few Nora Roberts books I'd like to read. And of course my subscription mags keep coming and they're all about losing weight and organization - I guess that's all we get to think about for January!! haha
 

On the t.v.

Not a whole lot at the moment. My daughter and I had taped the Sound of Music sing-a-long that was on a few weeks ago and still have not watched the whole thing. So I see some watching and singing in our future.

 
 
On the menu this week...
Going to make something easy for tonight, maybe spaghetti hot dish and salad and also pick up some pasties and gravy for my in-laws for another night. I also need to get some items for goodies I'll make for New Year's Eve party we'll be going to at my bro & sis-in-law's house with a bunch of our friends. We have fun letting all of our kiddos run around while we play games and have drinks and lots of laughs and toast the new year in right. I know one thing I'm going to make is Sandra's homemade twix bars to bring! I know they'll be a hit!! Look on her full bellies happy kids site for the recipe. MMmmmmm
 
 
What I'm creating at the moment...
I've been going through my scrapping stuff and I'm really thinking about doing an etsy shop in the future for some pre-made scrapbooking pages for folks and mini albums that I would have done up with my special touch of interactive pockets or letters as I showed one in this post from Saturday. I have several pre-made pages already done and would work in the future on some mini albums and I have even also made some scrapbook related jewelry. Stay tuned and I'll show items in the future and see what you all think about it as I love feedback of my blogging friends.
 
 
Favorite photo from camera this week...
 
 
Isn't he cute?

So young. Sigh. My bouquet was red velvet roses, white lilies and holly.

I need to share some pics out of my wedding scrapbook as today me & hubby celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary.  On a snowy night right after Christmas time, those many years ago, I married my best friend and love of my life in a beautiful church all decorated for Christmas. It was an evening service with all the candles glowing. I remember it like it was yesterday. Sigh. We've been married for 19 years and together for almost 27! I wouldn't change one second.
 
 
 
Prayer, inspirational quote or devotional
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2Corinthians 5:17
(fitting as we head into a new year)
 
Blessings for a great week! I'm linking for Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! A Christmas wedding must have been so beautiful....you are both so adorable :) Love reading what is going on in your home today - sounds so peaceful and calm, although I know with kiddos it rarely is! We are getting some of that arctic air coming in tonight and maybe a dusting of snow. It seems strange without snow this year. Your New Year's celebration sounds like a good time, even for the little ones. Enjoy these last few days of 2014! Your scrapbooking plans sound great! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello darling Lady! Thanks for popping by and brightening my day with your sweet comments. I love when you do that. Lol

      Yes, busy in kiddo life during break - but I know these years are precious and fleeting so I try to embrace the chaos with great enthusiasm!! Ha!

      Hope you stay warm and cozy and have a wonderful and snuggly New Year's with the Mr.
      Blessings to you both. xoxo

      Delete