Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Favorite Christmas Movies

 
I just love the movies and tv shows this time of year! I'm not ashamed to say I look for old re-runs of Little House on the Prairie and Dr. Quinn Medicine
Woman as they always play their Christmas episodes this time of year.
 
And of course I LOVE the movies!! From the Hallmark hopeless romantic kind of holiday tv movies to the movies I sit and watch every year.  I could probably name a ton, but I'll just list my top 5.
 
At number 5 I would put down A Christmas Story
 
 
The one with Ralphie and his family and the famous line, "You'll shoot your eye out kid".  My hubby doesn't care for it, but I grew up with it being a classic in my house.
 
Number 4 would have to be National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
 
 
Now this one is by far my Hubby's favorite Christmas movie, and it's one we just all enjoy as a family. I've seen it a million times and there are still parts that I laugh at every time.  The poor confused Aunt Bethany who wraps up her cat as a gift and when asked to say grace at dinner repeats the pledge of allegiance.  So silly, so hilarious, totally classic.
 
Number 3 would be several older films and I can't pick just one so I'll say It's a Wonderful Life, Meet me in St. Louis and Holiday Inn.

Holiday Inn

It's a Wonderful Life is such a classic and makes me cry every time.  I love how Meet me in St. Louis with Judy Garland portrays all the seasons but I love the Christmas part best.  And I love Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire - such a fun movie that goes through all the holidays and you just don't see singing and dancing like that in the movies these days.  Love!!

Number 2 would have to be Elf with Will Farrell.

Elf

My kids especially love this one. I love watching it with them every year and Will Farrell is so good in it.  The movie has such a sweet charm to it and not to mention so many funny parts! "Smiling is my favorite"

And my number 1 movie is Love Actually.  This is one of my favorite movies in the world -
Christmas or not, but I always have to watch it at least once at Christmas!

Love Actually

I love all the story lines that go on in it. I love the romance - I laugh, I cry, and I always come away from this movie feeling so good.  Love, love, love!!

So that's blogma day 3 on favorite movies and I'm linking up with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM if you want to see more.
 


11 comments:

  1. Ooh, we have so many similar favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too Helen! Some things are just so beautifully classic. ;)

      Delete
  2. So many wonderful movies; I could have picked more - and I love sitting in the evening and watching the Hallmark and Lifetime movies, not just during the holidays! But, I do enjoy a musical evening too like Christmas at Rockefeller Center or the CMA Holiday Special the other night! My all-time fave is Miracle on 34th Street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Miracle on 34th too Barbara - but it has to be the one with Maureen O'Hara!!

      I love the musical Christmas specials too. I hope Michael Buble is doing one again this year.

      Delete
  3. So many good ones, knew I would have forgotten a few. I also like The Christmas Story. I grew up in the same town the writer, Jean Shepherd grew up in which is the fictional town the movie is based on. Christmas vacation is so fun and silly, love cousin Eddie, "She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don't know." LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Annie. I think I read that the house from the movie is in Ohio?

      Love that you quote cousin Eddie! He's so funny in the movie.

      Enjoy this great movie season!

      Delete
  4. I love the old shows too, and your top two are two of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike Mari! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice list - all the 'classics'! My all time faves are 'It's a Wonderful Life' and 'Lampoon's Christmas'. Can't go through the season without watching them! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete