Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stained Glass Solution

I have such a love for stained glass. It just speaks to my soul!

 If you have seen in some of my other posts like this one I have many stained glass accents in our cottage home, as that post shows some of my stained glass lamps and my stained glass panels along the patio doors in the dining room.

Well we recently did a bathroom remodel and we redid just about everything in there, but the one thing we kept was our stained glass window.


The above photo shows the main part of the bathroom. We redid all the cabinetry, sinks, granite countertops.  To the immediate left is our tub and next to that our newly tiled shower and around the corner to the right the toilet and walk-in closet. We were thrilled with the results! However, above our tub in the original bathroom was a large glass block window. We didn't care for the look of glass block, so I was able to find this stained glass window online that was actually supposed to hang vertically - but I thought why not hang it horizontally? It would be perfect to disguise the glass block, yet still let natural light into the room.  My hubby indulged me and framed it in and we had an electrical strip of lighting put in with it. It was a perfect solution for the original bathroom and we still love it in the new one too.

 So in the evenings if we want we can light it up (as once it gets dark it doesn't show up much)

And during the day sunlight just gleams through it!
So that has been my go-to solution for many things in our home - from using a stained glass lamp to fill a corner to using it as an accent alongside our doors.  And in this case a stained glass window to cover up an ugly glass block window.  I think repurposed places are often recycling stained glass and could be a good option for finding just the right piece. In most situations I have found it's not much more of an expense than to use other materials... and in my opinion it's so much prettier.

I'm joining Cozy Little House for Tweak it Tuesday

 



10 comments:

  1. I love stained glass too. Your bathroom is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would ever come out of that beautiful bathroom, my Dear! I would shrivel up like a prune, soaking in that tub under that gorgeous stained glass window! Stunning! Well done! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me I've spent my fair share of time "shriveling"! Lol I really love how it's turned out, but the window has always been the most special touch.

      Thx Karen and have a safe, happy, healthy New Year! xo

      Delete
  3. Hello Carrie, how lovely to have found your blog! That stained glass window is gorgeous. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Alison! I'm so glad you found me too!! Please drop by anytime! Lol
      Happy New Year to You & Yours as well! xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Carrie - you asked how long I've been blogging. It's been 7 1/2 years! Hard for me to believe. I like being able to look back and see what was happening in my life and I love the friendships I've made!
    You call yourself a newbie, but you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thx Mari! The vote of confidence means a lot!

      I can't believe you've been blogging that long. It seems like many of the blogs I love have been doing it for years which gives me such hope I'll be in for the long haul too. I've been loving it so much that I'm definitely hoping to say I've been blogging over 7 years someday.

      Happy New Year Sweetie! xo

      Delete
  5. I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! I love your stained glass solution - so beautiful! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thx Amy - you sweetheart! Such nice wishes and they're all happily received and greatly appreciated.
      Happy 2015 to you as well and hope it brings all good things. xo

      Delete