Saturday, December 6, 2014

When We Open Presents Blogmas Day 6

 
 
My kids love it because we open gifts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Usually a day or 2 before Christmas Eve we open gifts with my Dad and step Mom and early Christmas Eve we open with my Mom (my folks are divorced). 
 
Me & my little Pumpkin Christmas Eve before heading to mass
 
 
 
We always reserve Christmas Eve night to just open gifts as our own little family. We go to the Christmas Eve mass service and usually when we get home later that night gifts from Santa have already been magically delivered and under the tree.
 
 
This is from a few years ago showing the aftermath after opening gifts on Christmas eve night.  Then the kiddos usually have fun looking at and playing with their new goodies and my hubby and head to the kitchen and start prep on food we make for Christmas day.  We put on some music, sip some wine, and chop and cook away.  That's one of my favorite times on Christmas eve besides going to mass and then driving around looking at Christmas lights.
 
Christmas Day 2013 one of my nephews, sis & bro in law &mom in law
 
Then Christmas day bright and early my brother and sister-in-law and their 5 kids and the 4 of us head over in our pj's to my mother and father-in-law's house and open gifts there. I always do a make ahead breakfast casserole and bring it over.  We eat breakfast and open the many piles of gifts (this has always been the time of year my in-law's family really go all out).  We then go home and get cleaned up and gather later for Christmas lunch/dinner and then do the goofy door prize game I mentioned in the traditions post.
 
Can you tell Christmas is the kiddos' favorite holiday???
 
Linking up for Day 6 Blogmas with Sandra Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
 


11 comments:

  1. Love your photos, beautiful :) I also like that you open the gifts as you celebrate with different members of the family, it is after all a season for being with family right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! After Jesus - family is definitely the reason for the season and to gather together!

      Delete
  2. Love reading about others traditions for opening presents - and love that you've included pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your post! The photo of you and little Pumpkin is so beautiful! [I always take a photo of the messy aftermath!!!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Helen! The aftermath is always a fun photo op to get I think ;0)

      Delete
  4. This is another beautiful post to read this morning. I love your photos. I am always a sucker for reading a post when the poster puts in real photos. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO sweet Cindy! Thanks so much - please feel free to pop over often. It means so much to hear comments and feedback from others. xo

      Delete
  5. Lovely to read about your present opening traditions. It sounds as though you really enjoy it and spreading the opening over a few days sounds like a great idea too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amy-girl! The kiddos just love it. Nothing like days of gifts!! Lol

    ReplyDelete