Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas piano

I've been working on decking the halls around my cozy cottage for days.  I still need to do some work on the mantle and a little more outside, but otherwise I think it's in pretty good shape around here.
 
We have a baby grand piano in our formal living room that I just love! My daughter was going to start piano lessons and we didn't have a piano. I had been shopping around and comparing prices when I happened across our piano at an estate sale and got it for a song!!(pardon the pun) Lol  Truly an amazing deal and couldn't pass it up. She's been taking piano lessons for 2 years and just loves it.
 
 
I can't remember if I even decorated it last year, but this year I found this shiny festive scarf at Pier 1 and thought it would be perfect on the piano.
 
 
I have many Christmas decorations that relate to the north woods and fit the style of my home, so I put a couple of those on top of the piano to reflect in the large mirror on the wall next to it.  I usually don't put my stockings on the mantle as I need the room for other things and I our mantle is so long that they never really looked right there. So there's a little divider made from the same marble as our fireplace and mantle right behind the piano that's perfect for our stockings.  We have mismatched ones as my Grandma had made mine when I was a little girl and then made my sons (her first great grandchild).  Her Parkinson's was too progressed to make one by the time my daughter came along. So I found my husband's and daughter's online that matched each other and also had a cross-stitched look like my son's and my stockings.
 
I'm pleased with how my whole "piano corner" turned out. Hope you're having fun decking your halls too!
 
I'm linking with Brenda at Cozy Little House for
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie - I love your baby grand! It looks beautiful decorated for the holidays next to your pretty stockings. How wonderful that your Grandmother made them and that you were able to match one for your daughter. I have very few things from my Grandparents - just a cookbook and kitchen things, but they are precious to me. I have only just started my decorating - sewing some table runners and pillows to get me started and in the Christmas spirit. Hope you have a lovely week! <3 xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Those treasured items from loved ones are priceless aren't they? My Gram was just a light in my life & someone I try to model my life after.

      Delete
  2. I love your piano and the way you have the whole area decorated. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Mari - I'm loving that corner too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm jealous! We have an ugly piano that was give to us. Played great until my grandson came along. My husband played in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings.

    Yours is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tina. I was so blessed to run into such a great deal.

      I just love piano music & how nice that your hubby plays. ;)

      Delete