Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Happy Monday!
 Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and got lots of good family time and lots of decorating and shopping done! It was pretty productive here in all of those categories so I'm ready to start a new week.
 
The weather outside is...
CoLD!! We had a wind chill advisory last night. It's clear and sunny but the temp is at 0. BBRRRR! And I think the high's today are only going to reach single digits.
 
 
On the breakfast plate this morning...
Maple and brown sugar steel cut oatmeal with chopped pecans, raisins and 1/2&1/2 in it, along with some coffee. Satisfying, healthy and warm on a cold morning.
 
 
As I look outside my window...
It looks bright, sunny and really pretty (if it weren't so COLD!)
 

 Right now I am...

Listening to the quiet other than my daughter is in other room watching children's show. My poor baby is staying home from school with a nasty cold.
 
 
As I look around the house...
I have laundry piling up but our dryer decided to break right before Thanksgiving, so the guy is finally coming today to fix it - thank goodness!!
 
 
On today's to do list...
Usual housework and nurse up my sweet Girl and hope she feels better to get back to school tomorrow as I will need to give my in-laws some time and attention.
 
 
Currently reading...
Still pouring over holiday catalogs and catching up on my People magazines.
 

On the t.v.

Some Hallmark Christmas movies to catch up on
 
On the menu this week...
I think tacos for dinner one night. I still have bread I dried out for Thanksgiving so might make a chicken dinner with a last batch of dressing with it. I have quite a bit of leftover stock too so think I'll also make slow cooker chicken and rice soup with breadsticks or muffins. 
 
 
What I'm creating at the moment...
Working on a garland I want to hang on our headboard in our bedroom for the holidays.
 
 
Favorite photo from camera this week...

 
 
 
Prayer, inspirational quote or devotional
Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.
Dr. Seuss
 
Linking up with Sandra from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I do not envy your weather. It's back up to 76 here today. I hate the up & down temps here in the South. That's why we get sick here! I hope your baby gets better fast....sick kids are not good on the parents hearts!

    Enjoy those pecans... They could have come from our farm...you never know! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina and thanks for stopping by. What a neat idea to think that I could be using some of your pecans this season! ;)

      I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have those kinds of temps at this time of year. I'm a true northern girl & love cold & snow for the holidays. But by late January I DREAM of 70 degrees!! Lol

      Delete
  2. Yikes that is cold!! Thankfully we have not hit zero yet! Tacos sound really good. Have not made them in ages. May just have to add them to the menu this week.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - definitely feeling like winter here Jen. We make our taco meat differently - I'll post the recipe one of these days.

      Stay cozy!

      Delete